What shall I bring?
This is a list compiled over the years by many retreat attendees, posted for those of you who are new & might need some help deciding what to bring. These are just reminders of things you may want to think about, not requirements!
- A Big Smile; an Open Mind; A Positive Attitude; Lots of Hugs; Your Singing Voice
- Music player for your room
- Camera/cell phone & charger
- Laptop - NOTE: WiFi is available on campus and works very well (PC stations with internet & printers are available in Shepherd Hall near the Zodiac Zone)
- Cooler - If you keep any food in your room. (There will be 3 meals a day at the cafeteria & also night time snacks in the Zodiac Zone~ you won't go hungry.)
- Snacks to eat between classes before meals and to share at the Zodiac Zone (Contact Ann Kuehn - email@example.com - for details on food donations for the Zodiac Zone)
- Bottled water; also take a portable water bottle- the cafeteria has yummy flavored waters that you can add to your water bottle between trips to the cafeteria
- Cokes or Beverage of choice, the cafeteria serves Pepsi and the vending machines only sells Pepsi products
- Notebook, paper, pens etc.
- Vitamins and all your prescriptions if you take any including pain reliever, sinus headaches, hay fever etc.
- Reading material (in case you get bored, but really, not likely)
- Drum, Rattle, Tambourine for "Drumming Circle" on Sunday night
- Umbrella- it always rains at least once when you are trying to walk to the cafeteria
- Note cards & small gifts if you plan to be a "Guardian Angel" to another person
- Stuff you might want to donate for raffle; donations of your used books for the bookstore
- Money to buy things: $10 for room key deposit; raffle tickets (bring pre-printed address labels from home if you plan to buy a lot of raffle tickets); water & juice from vending machines near classrooms; Spiritual Counseling/Consultation Sessions; and buying great stuff at the Enlightenment Emporium (Gift/Book Center). Credit cards are accepted.
- Mosquito spray- some years the mosquitos are bad at night
- Bathroom supplies - soap, shampoo, shower caddy (that hang on shower head - no shelves in the showers)
- Old flip-flops or bath mat to use in the shower
- Clothes hangers if you want to hang up your clothes out of your suitcase
- Alarm Clock
- Your own pillow, sheets, blanket(s), towels/washcloth. (The college provides a set of flat sheets, 2 towels, & 2 wash cloths as part of your registration fee.)
- Fitted sheet for your mattress (the dorm provides only flat sheets) if you prefer
- Night light
- Drinking cup for your room
- Rug for the bedroom floor- and/or bathroom floor
- A couple big laundry baskets- easy loading & unloading from the car to your room
- Power strip/extension cord to be able to charge all your devices
- Dish soap for your travel mug that you'll wash in the room
- Light jacket and/or sweatshirt - some classrooms get cool, including the auditorium. And if we have Drum Circle outside, it gets cool (in case of rain we'll have Drum Circle in the auditorium)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Dress up clothes for Healing Service
- Hawaiian shirt/clothes for "Hawaiian Day" on Tuesday
- Bright colored clothes for "Chakra Wednesday" (Wear your favorite chakra color)
*There are laundry facilities- but you need your own laundry soap & quarters *
LINKS OF INTEREST